Versant API - JPA
Versant JPA is based on an industry standard persistent Java interface known as JPA (Java Persistence API). The Java Persistence API (JPA) is the Java API for the management of persistence and object/relational mapping for Java environments. Versant JPA is compliant with the latest Java Persistence API and is a pure Java client for the Versant Database Server.
From a business perspective, customers appreciate these important benefits:
- It’s Proven Technology (Versant’s core database technology has been used by some of the biggest, most successful data-intensive companies in the world such as General Electric, Verizon, China Telecom, Siemens, Sabre).
- It’s Faster to deploy (It’s standards-based, so no need to learn a new proprietary language before developers can start working with it).
- It fully supports the extremely popular JBoss Application Server and ships with an Eclipse IDE plugin that allows for easy code development, offering enterprises further protection against vendor lock-in and future upgrade complications.
Some important things to know about Versant JPA that make this a faster deployment and just make better business sense:
- It is compliant with the latest JPA specifications (see the few exceptions in our technical paper).
- It is JBoss application server compliant so existing investments in application server infrastructure are protected and you don’t get locked in to closed systems that can hamper future upgrades.
- There is zero application downtime for schema modifications (no need to re-start) thanks to application evolution.
- It allows developers to use existing coding skills without learning yet another proprietary Java persistence API.