Ingres High Volume Replication
Ensuring your success with the Ingres Database, Ingres HVR includes:
Zero Downtime Maintenance
- Business Continuity Server - This is a local Ingres HVR replica of the production system, which gives fault tolerance if the main system is interrupted. It can also be used to avoid planned downtime.
- Disaster Recovery Server – DR is a separate system which is located at another building, preferably in a different town.
- Ingres HVR is Extreme efficiency over WAN, so it is affordable to situate the DR in another building.
- Ingres HVR provides additional protection for logical corruption, reducing the risk and business impact of human error which could lead to data corruption. In practice such 'logical' errors are more common and cause more downtime.
- Load Balancing – Active/Active. Load balancing offers active databases that can be exploited for spreading the load from the production machine.
- Business Intelligence Solutions:
- Workload distribution. Data replication to for instance a data warehouse and reporting database spreads the workload over multiple data sources.
- Ingres HVR can feed a data warehouse in real-time by scanning changes straight from the DBMS logging system.
- Ingres HVR provides a gateway between your applications and SAP. Complements existing functionality and safeguards data with the Disaster Recovery solution.
- Ingres HVR allows a realtime data feed that provides the required Business Intelligence to comply with Governmental Regulations.
- Real Time Integration
- Ingres HVR allows different Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) Systems to be connected real-time. An example is a connection between a back-office system and an internet database. Ingres HVR offers a seamless, robust and scalable connection so that investment in existing systems can be leveraged and not lost.